Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I found a nifty website today

PaperBackSwap.com - Our online book club offers free books when you swap, trade, or exchange your used books with other book club members for free.
called PaperBackSwap. On it you post books that you no longer want that you are willing to mail to another member, and then you get credits for each book that you can then spend on a book for yourself. You get two free credits to start with when you put 10 books into the system. Since I need to weed the home library, I went ahead and posted a few and I've ordered my first book (Anne Perry's Bluegate Fields, which I keep missing in the bookstores and have never gotten around to special ordering). The only drawback is that you're giving some total stranger your mailing address, but it can be any legitimate one. I could use the hospital, but I thought it would be easier to just have it sent home. So we'll see. Hopefully I won't wind up with some bibliophile stalker.

Oh, and the nice thing, too, is that it's free (although they do reserve the right to charge in the future, they also promise to give plenty of warning should they go to that model.) Anyway, try it out. It sounds like fun. I'll update when I know how things turn out from my order.

PS I just put in for my second book, 100 Ghastly Little Ghost Stories, which includes stories by Lovecraft and Bierce among others.

No comments: