Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Oh, like that makes sense

Okay, so I'm scheduled for my oral surgery (the 4th of January), but beyond the date I don't have any idea of the time and won't until I go through pre-admission on January 3rd. This makes it difficult as my ride has a conflict at 10 that morning, and we don't know if this will cause a problem or not. Agggh! The surgery is at St Joseph's Main, rather than the East hospital where I had my carpal tunnel surgery. But the procedure surrounding outpatient surgery should be the same.

On the other hand, I was impressed by the surgeon's manner and I found out my health insurance will pick up 100% of the hospital-related costs. The lady at the surgeon's office seemed surprised at how quickly it was approved. Go, UnitedHealthcare!

I'm off the 2nd for the New Year, need to do pre-op the 3rd, then surgery the 4th. I wonder if I should take off any time after the surgery. I'm having four wisdom teeth and one molar removed. How about it? Do any of you have suggestions? Did you need to take off after your wisdom teeth came out?

No comments: