Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, November 07, 2005

Sometimes disasters bring us together

Invisible line divides Kashmir quake troops

I realise I never commented on the October 8th massive quake that hit Asia. I never meant to ignore it, I was just left speechless by the enormity, and I didn't get a lot of news about it, since I don't have access to 24/7 cable news.

I'm glad that the quake has brought together (at least partly) people in Kashmir who are normally quite belligerent with one another. My thoughts and prayers go with the victims of the quake and with those trying to rebuild.

I can't decide if we just seem to be having more widespread natural disasters of if we just learn more about it with instant news. What do you think?

No comments: