Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I feel better today

NaNoWriMo participant
I did sleep a little, but I also wrote 1,043 words into the 50,000 for NaNoWriMo. I'm happy with it so far. You can find it on my writing blog. I keep trying this, I know. Last year it was interrrupted by carpal tunnel surgery. I'm doing very much better with my hands (I can feel my fingers, for one, but my dexterity and strength is loads better. I sometimes forget and do things like fill up the dog water bowl glass by glass, though. Old habits are hard to break.) It's hard to believe how crippled I had become before the surgery; now I type happily. So, here's another attempt to reach that magic number for writing a novel in a month.

As for yesterday, maybe I just needed a night to think. One of the things I decided is that I have to find a third job. See, I'd planned on doing the telefund thing for KET again this fall, but that fell through (they're going with a vendor this year), so if I want some extra money to catch up before the end of the year, I'll have to find something else. If any of you know of something in the Lexington area that I could do in the evenings, let me know. I'm thinking Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday might be good, and it would work with the other job schedules.

No comments: