Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I'm on vacation

so I don't have ready access to the Internet, but I did walk over to the library this morning to post, mainly because I've been over 24 hours without human contact and was starting to get a little stir crazy.

The only bad thing about taking off is yes, I have time to do stuff, but I don't have any gas or money, so I'm pretty much stuck at home. I did go to the game on Sunday thanks to B, who gave me a ride. We're ramping up to trying to prevent (another) apocalypse, this time with one of her characters threatening to go to the bad, and we're doing what we can to keep that from happpening, but so far we've been marching slowly towards it.

So what have I been doing at home? Actually a bit of cleaning, some writing and work for distance learning, a lot of sleeping, and I'm re-reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in anticipation of seeing the movie soon.

Tomorrow will be busy because I get paid and I'm going to try to get my paycheque, pay my electricity, and pay some other debts. I can't pick up the cheque until 2 and of course many places will close early due to the impending holiday. My car's gone 32 miles on the gas light (the longest I've let it go), which gives me a certain amount of trepidation, although I do have AAA Plus, so if I run out of gas they'll bring me some. Still, I'd rather not do that because you only get 4 breakdowns a year and I've already had two flat tyres in the last month. :) I don't think the Plus gives you any more service calls, but just affects what they'll do when called. Which reminds me, I need to pick up the AAA gas card that let's you save four percent on gas and other purchases at one of our local station franchises before I fill up for Thanksgiving's trip home to see everyone. At least gas has been under $2 lately. I had a little less money to play with because the AAA membership is coming out of November's pay, so that's the main reason I came down to just having a few cents after paying my rent. But tomorrow's cheque should help me get going again.

Well, if I can I'll post again tomorrow. The library is one of those things that close early, but I may come over in the morning again. If not, and you do celebrate Thanksgiving, happy holiday. And if not, and you're wondering where the Rabid Librarian is, that's why the posts will be spotty this week.

No comments: