Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I'm having trouble corpsing

mainly in that when I try to upload my contribution to Exquisite Corpse things keep locking up. Since it's unlikely I'll get it figured out by the time it's due, I went ahead and relinquished my place in the corpse and set it to not playing for the holiday.

Oh, well, at least I'll be able to see the finished one sans my contribution.

Today has been rather pleasant although it's fairly cold and snowflakes come down every few minutes like the sky is spitting them out of a machine that's having trouble getting going.

I'm at the library, of course, and I'm about to make the trip to work to get my cheque. The main problem, of course, is that if I do run out of gas, my phone has no minutes on it, so yes, I can call AAA, but not without walking somewhere and begging the use of a telephone, as I also don't have enough change for a pay phone. Have I mentioned that my hazard lights don't work? Sigh. Oh, well, it will get better. Who knows, I might just make it to where I can get my cheque cashed, at which point I'll have money and be within walking distance of a gas station. :)

Things that have rambled through my mind...

walking here yesterday I noticed that the car lot across the street had taken down all their locust trees. I got to see how dark the stumps were; locust wouldn't even need staining, it's so dark. It was rather sad, though, they were all obviously healthy trees, as the area was littered with their pods. It seemed somehow wrong to have them left behind, especially as they'll not be allowed to grow. But perhaps somewhere new growth will spring up from them. It reminds me of all the white hair I still had on my clothes months after Spock died.

Darius has been very loving whilst I've been off, taking every opportunity to sleep on me that he can. He's very unlike the hiding standoffish cat of years ago. Today he was just purring for a long time; I took awhile to get going because I didn't want to interrrupt him...it's so rare he really all-out purrs.

I just remembered I forgot to take my ADDerall today. Maybe that's why my mind seems to be going in lots of directions at once.

The main song I'm listening to these days is Alanis Morissette's cover of 'Crazy'. I don't know why, I just like it better than Seal's, maybe because I can actually understand the words better. Not that they're supposed to make much sense, of course. I tend to agree that in the world today we're all a little crazy, or ought to be. Anything else is just too boring.

What else? Well, I can't really think of anything right now. Just wanted to check in. I think I'll do a bit of book browsing and then head into work where hopefully I'll get there without any nasty interruptions. :)

No comments: