Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Things I've been doing


  1. Eating falafel. Yum!
  2. Packing many, many books (almost finished...two shelves to go).
  3. Translating German articles on malformed pubic bones for a doctor. [I knew that would come in handy someday, but medical German is definitely harder than regular, and some of the words are really, really, long.]
  4. Waiting for payday, tomorrow (since the falafel was the last thing I really had in my house to eat).
  5. Getting an extension on some fines.
  6. Getting rejection letters from jobs.
  7. Finding out my job at the public television station is going away by July 1st, with things winding down so there isn't much for me to do. My boss is heading to San Francisco and things are being rearranged. Hmmm...I wonder if this is when I should mention to the Latin and German teachers that I know those languages??? Oh, well, it was fun, and I got some good experience.
  8. Going psycho on a friend virtually every night. I'm not sure why. I just feel frustrated a lot with my current situation and I think my stress is bleeding over into our relationship.
  9. Starting therapy again (see above) with a counselor at the Harris Centre, where I did my dialectical behavioural therapy class. They don't have enough for an advanced group, so I'll be going into individual therapy with someone trained in the skills so we can build on that. I interview for placement tomorrow.
  10. Getting back in school, to learn about computers (thought I forgot, didn't you? No, I just had to wait for the money to do the application). :) School next starts in early May, so I'm trying to get in for that term.
  11. Becoming addicted to a game called Space Trader for handhelds where you go to various worlds, sell goods, dodge pirates (or the police, depending on your cargo), try to build up your ship.


That's pretty much it. I haven't had much time to read lately, for example. What's going on in your life?

No comments: