Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Yay for being home and having a few hours to myself

I had to get up very early in order to go downtown as a witness in small claims court. I was a little nervous, but everything went fine, I only had to say eight words, and the side I was testifying for won.

I stopped by the store and their entire computer system had gone down, apparently for several hours. The credit cards worked at the pump but everything else was offline. A technician wound up having to replace the computer system. One of my co-workers made a great sign for the door. It said 'Store Out of Order'. :) There's been an upgrade to new software in the past few days that has kept things interesting. I'm glad my shifts haven't corresponded with the worst of it.

I came home and took a nap, since I'd been up so early and had gone to bed at 2:30 am. I made an appointment with a doctor for Wednesday afternoon. Then I went over to a friend's for awhile. We watched a very interesting 'Wife Swap' on TV (where do they find these people?) One family were Wiccan and didn't know a gargoyle from a dragon and were way too wrapped up in fairies, elves, covens, and magic that they really didn't spend time with one another. I'm pagan and I understand Wicca pretty well, but they were over the top and not particularly grounded in reality. And they'd named their daughter Lwaxana after Deanna's mother on 'Star Trek: the Next Generation'. Yeah. Really. I'd like to see the episode where they swapped a woman with a gay man. The husband in that case was not happy and sued the network. Then we watched an episode of 'Starlost', a Canadian science fiction series from the 70s, on YouTube.

Now I'm home again. I'm off tonight, which is a rarity, as it's truck night. The plan is to relax, maybe do some dishes and notes, and generally have a quiet night at home.

No comments: