Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy birdsong

So I get up this morning, turn off the bubble lamp that I sleep to (it has coloured plastic marbles that travel up the bubbles while at the same time different coloured lights project through the water), and come out to the living room, and I hear the sounds of happy birds singing. I think, how nice, you don't hear that as much anymore, and certainly not this time of the year. Then I realise that it's the new screensaver.

Well, at least I did figure it out after that first moment or two. Hey, it was right after I got up and before I took my smart medicine. What do you expect?

I must admit, however, it's quite relaxing, especially paired with the waterfall of the aquarium.

Speaking of which, I checked with the pet store today and there are bacterial solutions that can help deal with the nitrite issue. I should have bacteria breeding in the aquarium now, but it will take 4-6 weeks to cycle so it's ready for fish. The solution may help kick-start that and reduce the time. If I have any money left over from rent that isn't earmarked, I'll get some. I've never had this much of an issue setting up a tank before. I guess I hadn't tested the water for nitrites and just got lucky with the fish, since I only waited a few days each time before adding them.

2 comments:

bollywood girls said...

i like your blog ....

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very nice