Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Two great things today, one not-so-great

I have my meds! My card works now, although one of the reps tried to tell me the problem was on the hospital's side, when the necessary paperwork was sent to Ceridian in October. This also means I can go to a doctor about the pelvic/lower back pain that I'm experiencing. I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I can get in for Wednesday; that's my first opportunity with my schedule.

I found out today that I'm getting a market raise effective this pay period of $1.12 an hour. Plus, we're getting a better-than-normal raise in March of 4.25%, so that's another 84 cents. Whoo-hoo! If I were working full-time, I'd be pulling over $42,000 a year. Alas, this is not the case. But this will certainly help, especially with medical costs going up this year.

Finally, I found out this afternoon that I have to go to court tomorrow morning as a witness in a case. I'm not looking forward to it.

That's it. Hope you're having a great week. I have to go on to bed as I'm up way too late considering I have to be up at 6 am. Goodnight.

No comments: