Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, January 03, 2009

I am covered in flour

I just spent about two hours baking cookies. A few things I found out:


  1. Splenda doesn't really work for sugar cookies very well. The dough is crumbly and difficult to roll. It breaks apart very, very easily. It's easier to form flattened little balls of dough rather than try to roll it and cut shapes.
  2. Those little confetti balls probably work very well on frosting but do not work on straight cookie dough. Ditto for chocolate or confetti sprinkles. You just amuse your friends by trying to make them work. Stick with coloured sugar.
  3. I forgot how relaxing I find baking (although the Splenda dough balls were a challenge and I didn't relax quite so well). It was nice and I had a friend to talk to, so it was a pleasant evening, which was good after spending seven hours doing various tasks for one friend and shuttling the other around town. I'm really tired, but I still have to do notes. I think I'm going to rest for about an hour and then start. Right now I'm eating peas and potatoes (I didn't feel like a heavy dinner, as I had fish and fries earlier.)


I know during the holidays I've blogged about personal stuff and a little news. I plan to put more about libraries/librarians/books on here, for those of you following due to me being a librarian. In the meantime, bear with me.

No comments: