Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Warning: a post on women's plumbing

I survived my doctor's appointment. I don't have a urinary tract infection, yay, although I have a raging yeast infection (I know, too much information), a by-product of my diabetes. The nice thing was that they didn't have to do a Pap smear, since I've always had normal Paps so at my age I can go 3-5 years or so. I do need a mammogramme, though. Also, I am apparently at risk for GYN cancers due to my size, although since I have regular periods, that's probably not an issue yet. If I start menopause or get really irregular, she said to come in for progesterone to counteract that. The doctor also gave me an article on bariatric surgery, given my risk factors. I don't think my insurance company will pay for it, though it wouldn't hurt to find out. They didn't a few years ago when one of my co-workers went through it, but maybe that has changed.

I'm grabbing some salmon, lima beans, and applesauce for dinner and then heading for the pharmacy for my meds and glucose test strips.

No comments: