Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, January 30, 2009

I just got a friend from work

and came across an area that had no power earlier today, then power, and now it's out again. On the plus side, the Buckhorn area seems up again. Mine seems to be holding for now. Tomorrow there's a chance for more snow but on the plus side Sunday it is supposed to warm up to 49 degrees (followed by more possible snow Monday and Tuesday).

I've gotten a little rest, although not as much as I'd like, so I'm going back to bed. But I thought I'd check in.

By the way, I must say RIP Yuletide tree. After a valiant attempt at resuscitation (thank goodness for spell check--I can never get that one. If I were in a spelling bee, it would disqualify me), the tree has dried up and died. I've only managed to keep one alive for 3 years, but this went quicker than normal. It had a little glitter on it; that may be part of it. Or maybe I just didn't water it enough. I don't know, Norfolk Virginia pines just seem tricky.

I guess that's all for tonight. I'll try to write something not weather-related tomorrow. Good night.

No comments: