Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, November 30, 2003

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, the maintenance guy and rooter guy just left. Mission accomplished, although it was apparently a very tough clog and all sorts of black viscous goo came out of the pipe. Fortunately, they were very good about cleaning up everything, so I don't have to. I think I fell asleep at one point in my recliner while the rooter was going. You wouldn't think that would be possible, but hey. I'm usually pretty much a night owl, but I was pushing it this time.

Anyway, it's almost 4am. It took a looonngg time, but it's all finished. Apparently my upstairs neighbour must have put a lot of grease down the sink. (She also ran the dishwasher after being asked not to put anything down the sink, then went to bed and they like to never woke her up when stuff started to pour out again. She's an odd duck, anyway.

So, I'm going to bed now. Yawn. I'm so glad I have maintenance that shows up within 5 minutes of a call rather than my student ghetto days where I spent 3 months with raw sewage coming up my bathtub because the sewer lines kept freezing. Those were not the days for fond memories. I won't even go into the rat-infested apartment or the lack of a stove that wouldn't catch fire. I love my apartment now.

No comments: