Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, November 21, 2003

It's funny

how after awhile you don't think it's strange if everyone--including you--in the room sees an animal peek out from under the bed and bathrobes, moving the bathrobe and sitting up, then duck back under the bed, when the pets of the house are all in the other room and you realise that whatever you saw wasn't 'quite there'. Or when you see it again disappear into thin air. Fortunately, it wasn't an individual hallucination, so at least I was in good company. I learnt a long time ago to trust my intuition, listen to a couple of people whose 'feelings' I trust impeccably (including my mother, who seems to have a skill at predicting deer before they run out in front of the car), and keep an open mind since last time I checked our modern science hasn't managed to explain everything and in some cases traditional beliefs may be closer to the truth. You may read this and think, 'ah, she's a loon'. I realise that. But I prefer to think about in terms of believing in a larger world than most. I believe in the possibility of a lot of things most people dismiss, although I'm a skeptic when it comes to individual cases (i.e., yes, I believe in ghosts; but I prefer to rule out hoaxes and other phenomena first). :) Anyway, the beastie didn't seem to be a problem, anyway--just something playful passing through. Or yes, I believe that there are probably other worlds with life on them, but I'm the first to look for a simple explanation for a UFO rather than carrying on about little green men--it's almost a certainty that life exists, even intelligent life, since we exist, that gives a 1:1 probability; that said, who knows if we'd ever encounter another civilisation. That bring in a whole other set of things to be factored in. You see what I mean?

Anyway, that's enough blogging for tonight. I'm heading (finally) to bed. Must see about doing some writing for NaNoWriMo. I am sadly neglectful now that I'm mobile [175 miles running around Lexington in one week, with a quarter of a tank still left towards figuring miles per gallon :)] 'Night.

No comments: