Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

I was watching Hocus Pocus earlier...

(I love that movie) and was thinking that the little girl, Danni, was not so much cute as a child who would grow up into a beautiful woman, and I was wondering what had become of her in the intervening years. So, I watched the credits, and behold...Thora Birch! Thora Birch? Never noticed that before. Wow. Sigh. I used to be able to connect all sorts of people between movies (yeah, typical geekazoid). But now it's like, you mean Spiderman's girlfriend was Claudia in Interview With the Vampire? I am so losing my touch. Or maybe I just have trouble with recognising the kid-->adult transformation, being someone who hasn't substantially changed in looks since I was five.

No comments: