Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 13, 2003

Yay! Yule came early this year

listening to: 'So Far Away' by Staind
feeling: Giggly

    Today I:
  • Went into utter shock at the surprise of receiving an early holiday present--a car!
  • Visited a friend
  • Stopped by a gaming store
  • Ate at Long John Silver's/A&W
  • Browsed Joseph-Beth
  • Received a couple of my Yule presents early--the traditional calendars--one for home (Cobblestone Way) and one for work (Edward Gorey)
  • Checked out a neighbourhood for eventual relocation possibilities
  • Ran into Kroger for a 22 lb bag of dog food (lucked into a sale + coupons and got it for about $4, which I could take advantage of only because I had a car to haul it!
  • Read part of the owner's manual
  • Figured out the trick to unlocking all the locks at once from the outside
  • Got a money order to take care of everything down at the county attorney's office
  • Paid my phone bill
  • Brought my cable bill current
Leaving me with some money to still live off of and put towards next month's rent and pay my fines with. Yay!!!!Meaning that I'm suddenly on target and not behind in everything, and I'm mobile. I feel like someone waved a magic wand. I spent most of the early part of the day waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I'm thinking I was due a little luck. I'm very happy, and very grateful for all of those who have been so supportive the last few months. Thanks.

No comments: