Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 27, 2003

Ooooooo!

A friend stumbled across the following website and thought of me: Botanica - The Wichita Gardens. In my former haunt of Wichita, Kansas, it allows you to do a virtual garden tour.

I lived in Wichita briefly, then moved to Belle Plaine, Kansas. I lived there for about two years. It was a small town (about 1700 people) but it had a true treasure--a mature arboretum down by the Little Arkansas River (that's pronounced Are-Kansas, by the way). It also had a colourful history. I have to admit, I miss it sometimes. I knew everyone in my high school--not just my class, the whole school. (I would have been in the class of 1984 if I hadn't moved. Any of you out there feel free to drop me a line. My name was Lisa Broadbent then.)

No comments: