Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, January 24, 2016

A pleasant free day after all

So, A called to tell me I don’t have to go over there and help clean house or other Sunday stuff. I suspect they’d decided to have a quiet day together, and they know I wasn’t keen on driving after the freeze. I was putting my laundry together, and I could have gone on over there to do it, but I have quarters, detergent, and dryer sheets, so I can do it over here. I can get over to the new building with my cart. Maybe that will encourage me to spend some time on the exercise bike, since they’re in the same building, although I’ll wait a bit for my back to calm down. All that bending and moving around dirty laundry is making it hurt.

In the meantime, I’m listening to a variety of music. I’ve filled my medicine box for the week, gathered up the recyclables from their receptacle, switched out the trash for a new bag (it wasn’t actually full, but it had been there a few days, so I thought I should take it out. I’ll use the granny cart for that. And then there’s that lamp, of course. I’ve been doing some straightening up in the kitchen and dining room. I haven’t actually done any reading yet, but I didn’t go take a nap, either, and I feel energised. I think I’ll take a shower after I sit and rest my back for a few minutes. The heat will do me good, and I want to get out of my P.J.s and take out the trash, recyclables, and start the laundry.

I put the book that YKWIA wanted on hold over at the branch it’s at. I have an appointment Tuesday over in Beaumont; I can pick it up then, and it’ll be about the same timeframe as if I’d had it sent over to Eagle Creek, as usual. . It’ll be warmer then, so maybe some of the snow will start melting, and the roads should be good. I’m not 100% sure the library is open today; it’s been closed during all the snow. It probably is, though, and I didn’t see anything on Twitter or the website indicating a closure for today. I may still go over to my branch, Eagle Creek, for a little while. I’ll take the laptop with me, too, and then I can do some updating.

So here’s my revised list of what I’d like to get accomplished today, especially since I’ve done very little this weekend on the house:
  1. Do laundry. If I’m ambitious, I’ll also work out.
  2. Do the few dishes that I have dirtied since the dishwasher load.
  3. Finish straightening up, except for the bedroom, which is going to be a major project that I’m not sure I want to start today.
  4. Get my bag and lunch packed for tomorrow.
  5. Water the plants.
  6. Maybe go to the library; or if not, go on Tuesday.
  7. Take out the trash and recyclables.
  8. Work on transcribing that one complex passage for the game notes, which I still haven’t sat down and tackled.
That’s enough for one day, and should give me time to do some fun things, too.

No comments: