Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, August 21, 2015

That was a nice burst of energy

I didn't read after all.
    I:
  1. Started the bread going. I'm making an herbal bread tonight.
  2. Put the trash in a cart to be taken out at first light (the one from the refrigerator is heavy, but it doesn't matter how light a normal kitchen-size trash bag is, I usually get back pain from carrying it out, hence the granny cart). I also got the trash out of the bathroom and straightened that up a bit.
  3. Unloaded the clean dishes from the dishwasher.
  4. Loaded it with dirty dishes.
  5. Washed everything that isn't dishwasher safe.
  6. Left a few things to soak like a jar I'm trying to get the label off of, a spatula that egg was not coming off of, and some glasses that have been through the dishwasher but aren't quite clean.
  7. Wiped down the counters and stove.
  8. Filled up the oats, sugar, and salt jars and found a place for them, rearranging the shelves in the kitchen slightly.
  9. Mopped.
The bread has about an hour to go. I couldn't find my measuring spoon that came with the bread maker at the time, and the regular measuring spoons were at the bottom of the sink when I put the bread ingredients together, so I had to guestimate amounts, but hopefully it will come out fine. The yeast is the most crucial component and mine goes into a separate container on the top of the machine, ready to be mixed in at the appropriate time, so I'm pretty sure I was close to two tablespoons, as I'm used to seeing the level in the little bin. We'll see.

I think I could try to go to sleep again. Wish me luck.

No comments: