Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 15, 2015

So I've never really understood the appeal of coffee

Photo: Julius Schorzman (Creative Commons licence)
It's--okay. With cream, lots of cream, and a little sweetener. But I don't drink it much at all, usually when I'm poor and trying to maintain some level of caffeination, as it's free at work. But I have discovered that coffee (which I once said in a fit of emotion that it made me sleepy, when really I just wanted to go home from the game and didn't tell the truth, when offered a cup), in addition to giving a boost to mental acuity, also (at least with me) drives my appetite to almost nil, not merely an appetite suppressant, but like, an appetite annihilator. So I may have to start drinking some in the hopes of losing some weight. And here's another thing that might help with cravings:

Gaming: Tetris Play Weakens Cravings and Addiction By 20 Percent
Playing Tetris helps ward off cravings because it disrupts the mind from imagining food, drugs, or activities.

Tetris helped in warding off cravings because it disrupts the mind from imagining food, drugs, or activities. The next time you feel like grabbing sweets while on a strict diet play Tetris for at least three minutes instead.
I happen to still have an old Nintendo with Tetris, and Tetris on my phone. Hmmm....

Speaking of which, I've neither started bread or made macaroni and cheese, yet, because I've been busy blogging. So that's it for now, I'm going to go make food happen.

No comments: