Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, August 23, 2015

The other day

I found out that I will most likely be going back to Chicago sometime this fall--November or early December--rather than next spring. This is the last fiscal year of the contract that has the University of Illinois at Chicago as the base of the Greater Midwest Region of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine. I serve as state representative for Kentucky for the Regional Advisory Council, and afterwards I will ask my library association if they want to appoint another representative. It's been a good five years (well, except that year my trip was cancelled because I got hit by a car), and at least I managed to stay an extra day and have some fun this spring. This time it'll just be going up and coming down; I don't have the wherewithal to stay over. But at least I know where my Ventra (mass transit) card is. :)

No comments: