Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 03, 2014

Time to wrap up birthday number forty-seven

Today I:
  1. Got a card from my co-workers
  2. Got to celebrate at lunch with a cake a co-worker made with sugar-free and fat-free ingredients, so not so much guilt, plus there was plenty to share with YKWIA and A later
  3. Had a lovely home-cooked meal thanks to YKWIA. I made garlic mayonnaise (I'm better at an electric mixer than he is, apparently a skill I picked up in home oeconomics). We had borscht, asparagus with hardboiled eggs, and a salad of Boston lettuce, avocado, and goat cheese. Plus the cake and strawberries from work. :)
  4. Talked to my mom, who sent me a gift card to Amazon. One bit of bad news; my grandmother's 15-year-old dog, Bo, died the other day. He choked on a piece of food and even though my mom tried to give him rescue breaths, it didn't work. Poor Bo. He was a good dog, looking like a miniature corgi in black and tan.

  5. Got e-mails from my aunts and uncles wishing me a happy birthday.
  6. Laid out an outfit for tomorrow. With the exception of jeans day (Friday), I plan to wear a skirt or dress each day this week. I found a nice combination for tomorrow, I think.
Okay, going to bed now. I'm happily stuffed and sleepy.

No comments: