Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

By the way, I had a horrible nightmare last night

It was set in some sort of underground building that was dim, with lots of pipes with water dripping, like a giant boiler area or something, but with lots of rooms (wasn't that one of the dream settings in one of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies?) Anyway, there was this thing that was killing women, and it only came out in the dark, but the people who ran the facility didn't believe it. My friend YKWIA had a key to the place because a friend used to manage the place and had given him one, and he and I were investigating the murders. Now, why there were about a dozen women roaming this place, I don't know--it never came up. But they were. The dream was incredibly detailed, visually, audibly--I think smell even came into play. But there was one part where the lights were going out (kind of like Doctor Who's 'Silence in the Library') and that's when the thing could get you, and we were trying to round up the women and get them to safety, and he and I were running hand in hand (and I could run in the dream, but I was a little behind him because he's taller), and then it felt like my head was disintegrating almost. I could see what was going on from outside my body and it was the spectral thing, white and glowing, and it was phasing with its mouth going into my brain and skull. But YKWIA pulled me into the light and we managed to go through a door where it couldn't follow--at least at that point--and I was alright. About that time I woke up, terribly disturbed, and YKWIA called, and I told him all about it.

I haven't had a nightmare in months. This one was really like being there (my usual for dreams, or at least the dreams I remember). I haven't watched anything, read anything horrible, or played any video games lately, although it would make a great scene in all of those. I'm just glad it wasn't real.

No comments: