Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Hate is a four-letter word

I cannot understand the depth of hatred that the Westboro Baptist Church spews on a daily basis. A supposed 'parody' of Simon and Garfunkel's 'Sound of Silence' was referenced by Joe.My.God. today on his blog. The person who put it up on YouTube did so to illustrate what the church was doing and included the lyrics, which are rather chilling, as are the signs held at various protests. I couldn't bring myself to embed it here. Go to Joe's blog if you want to see it.

There is so much good in the world. And then there are people like this, who fail to see anything beyond their own noses as good, and who simply cannot understand truly Christian sentiments. (Unlike many Pagans, I don't have trouble with followers of Christ...now Paulists, on the other hand....) I do have trouble with people who profess to be Christian who betray every word Jesus was ever said to have uttered by spewing hate and playing God in determining who should go to Hell and burn. And these people certainly qualify.

I hope they get true Judgment in the end. I rather think they'll be surprised, though.

No comments: