Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Going to bed early + pizza before bedtime = being up at 3:30 am

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I don't feel sleepy at all. I did take the time to call in some prescriptions for tomorrow morning. I'm out of two meds and my glucose test strips; fortunately they all are the cheapest co-pay, but I've put the strips off for awhile and have no idea how my blood sugar's been doing as a result. I know I've been drinking a lot, so that's not a good sign. I feel like life is a series of vignettes between bathroom trips. Also, although I have increased my water intake as well, one side effect of working 8 hours a day is that I'm drinking more soda to keep perky. That may be why I'm crashing about 9:30 or 10:00 at night. I've never had an energy drink in my life, but I've gone from about two cans of Diet Coke a day at work to about five. Not good (she says as she enjoys a glass of soda.)

I think I've lost one fish, the one that actually looked the most robust. It was a female. I'll have to check on the other to see if it's male or female. It's fairly shy. Fortunately with livebearers it's easy to tell--one has a rounded belly and no dangly bits, and one has a sleeker look and dangly bits. :) If I lose both I'll let the aquarium run for a bit and then do a couple more water changes, vacuum it really well, and see if I can get the nitrates down at all before putting any more in. But I don't know--this tank setup has been more trouble than 20 years' worth of setting up the same aquarium, and I don't know why. I don't want to totally start over, as there are biological aspects of having an older tank. Which reminds me, I have some stuff that has nitrate-fixing bacteria in it. I should add some to the tank.

I renewed the DVDs from the library earlier this evening. Maybe I should watch one. Or I could clean. It might be a good time to take those electronics and put them away. I'd like to move the old printer and put the newer one in its place; then I'd have a whole tabletop in front of the window that could be clean and happy, and not have any electronics showing in my front window (I tend to keep my curtains open, although I have sheers, and I don't like having anything obviously computer-like in the open, even cheap little printers. It's a little early to take those boxes and the recyclables out (yes, I forgot to yesterday). I also want to run some errands later this morning. Then tonight I can work on a character sheet for the game. At least I don't need to do game notes this week. I'm not sure what I'll be doing on Saturday as a result--maybe taking in some water to be tested with a chemical set rather than test strips for the aquarium, since there's a pet store in the same shopping centre as the gas station...which reminds me, I need to call in the morning and see if I'm working my normal time on Saturday. It's been the same for months now, but you never know--may availability really is for any time within a 12-hour period.

No comments: