Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, September 10, 2010

I'm up at Gods know when again

Listening to: 'Fire on the Mountain' by Rob Thomas

I'm very physically uncomfortable in a way I won't go into (it relates to an allergy), so even though I'm still sleepy, I can't sleep.

Last night when I came in I spent over two hours working with the gamemaster over the phone put in a genealogy using a free program called Family Tree Builder, which worked rather nicely, although it claimed to find matches to real people even though these were fictional. Considering I'd spent all day on the computer, I was so tired when we were finished that I went on to bed. This was a little before midnight. Now it's a little after five in the morning.

So far it's been a good week, although I received word yesterday that once again an error in my time was made (the extra hours that I'd docked myself by clocking out in the middle of my shift were put in as overtime, so I got paid time and a half), so once again I'll have money taken out next time. I told the lady, who apologised profusely, that I just wanted a normal paycheque by Halloween so I could budget. I mean, I've been working the new job two months and haven't yet.

At work we've had employee appreciation activities. For one thing, we get to wear jeans every day this week. Tuesday there were Krispy Kreme doughnuts before I got there, then a cookout put on by the local Shrine club. Wednesday were more doughnuts in the morning, plus it was 80s day. There was a lot of hair gel to be had. Yesterday was a catered lunch with a dunking booth, where various people including the administrator volunteered to be dunked. There are door prizes each day and a contest for trying to figure out whose baby picture goes with whom, and my picutre's in it. Once the contest is over, I'll post it here. :)

I'm working my full allotment of hours, now, which is rather fulfilling. I've got three different gigs there at the hospital, so there's a lot of variety.

Uh. I'm so hypersensitive at this point that my nose and eyes are just running and I'm itching where my wrists hit the support in front of the keyboard. Maybe it has latex in it. I hate having an allergy to latex. It's hidden away in so much.

Well, I think I'll try to go back to sleep for a couple of hours.

No comments: