Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm getting a late start today and waiting for the next bus

Today I need to:

1) Get my foot impressions done.
2) Make an appointment with the dentist.
3) Clean up my kitchen and living room, where things are piling up.
4) Take out the trash.
5) Work on notes.
6) At least a little laundry.
7) Add some water to the fish tank and clean out the duckweed

But then there's my work list and going over to a friend's for a while to help him with a few things. I won't be able to stay for 'Heroes', however, as I can't afford a cab fare home tonight--but I'm paid up through the 21st on the bus. :)

My apartment complex did a top notch job on clearing not only the internal walks and driveways, but also the sidewalks around the perimeter, something very few people have done with this snow despite a city ordinance requiring walks to be shoveled within a certain number of hours of snowfall. Yesterday, both in the moning and at night, I do something I rarely do--cut across the car lot between my apartment and the bus stop, because their lot was clear but their sidewalks weren't. Walking on snow exacerbates the tendonitis in my ankles, and it wasn't like I was bothering the cars. But I did feel like I was trespassing (which in point of fact, I was, at least when they were closed.)

We're getting another inch or so this afternoon, but tonight the temps are going to be around what the days have been like lately. So that's a plus.

Well, let me check the news quickly. Have a great day.

No comments: