Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Things are much better today

I was stressed about the game notes until I talked to the game master; I still have to finish them tonight so that they'll be ready for tomorrow, but I'm half-way through and can probably wrap them up by midnight, so I'll actually get some rest. I just took a two-hour nap to try to make up for getting up so early this morning (I had to be at work at 8 am and tried to get up at 4:30 to get things done, so I woke up and snoozed for about three hours). I don't know why it's so hard for me to wake up, even when I'm well rested. Anyway, I feel refreshed and ready to go back to typing.

One of the nice things about working 8 hours at a stretch at the store is that you get a couple of ten-minute breaks and a twenty-minute lunch, and that breaks things up and makes it seem to go by quicker. Our truck came very early so I checked it in and did put a couple of boxes of cigarettes away before I left at 4 pm. Then it was back out into the cold (it was 14 degrees Fahrenheit when I left this morning, and 19 when I got back home this afternoon, but the wind chill was much less). Then I went straight to transcribing.

No comments: