Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, January 01, 2010

I didn't get a single thing I meant to do today done

and by the time I got to work I'd worked myself into a tizzy over the notes, etc. But my day improved after I got into the swing of working (it's hard for me to stay in a bad mood when I'm waiting on customers). And really, it's fine, I'll work on notes tonight and do laundry tomorrow night, go to bed early tomorrow night to make up for the lack of sleep tonight, and go from there. It's not worth being upset. I should have gotten things done earlier. But I was very productive at work despite my feet, which worsened over the shift, and I remained upbeat and cheerful. Plus, since it was a company holiday, I should get double time for my efforts, meaning it will be like I worked 16 hours instead of 8, or 6 more than I would have originally gotten credit for as scheduled.

So now I'm home and I'm resisting the comfy chair, even though I want to put my feet up, and I'm going to work on the notes for awhile. Wish me luck!

No comments: