Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, January 10, 2010

It looked like I was walking on diamond dust this evening

as I made my way home. And considering how dry and powdery the snow is, covered with ice crystals, I suppose it seemed even more so. The slush is freezing. When we did the great grocery run earlier today, Margaret's car slid down the driveway in park--and it was only about 6 pm. By the time I got home, the wind chill was down to 3.

But the good news it that it will be warming up to the 40s by Wednesday. Of course, that means we'll have a messy thaw, but it will be nice to get some normal temperatures (average temps for January are a low of 41 and a high of 23, although the record, set in 1963, for a low was -21!) Now that's cold...

No comments: