Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, January 17, 2010

:)

Garland: Protest Same Sex Marriage, or DIVORCE? by Garland Robinette of WWL Radio of New Orleans
I have one opinion on the gay rights controversy, and I know my opinion is correct, beyond a shadow of a doubt. Those of you actively fighting against gay marriage have waaaaaay too much time on your hands.

I don’t believe your real reason for fighting gay marriage is because you are sooooo concerned about the threat to the institute of marriage. If you were, you’d be protesting people like me. I have been married three times. Elizabeth Taylor and me are the biggest threats ever faced by the sacred institute of marriage.

Let’s not be a hypocrites. You don’t want gay marriage, because you don’t like gays. It’s that simple. You’re frightened by those icky things they do with their sexual parts. But, here’s another hypocritical part ... have you ever seen what them-thar “heterosexuals” do with their private parts? Whoa, talk about icky!
That pretty much covers it in my book, but read the whole opinion piece. He's absolutely right. I find it horrible that my six-month (officially nine by the time the paperwork went through) marriage was perfectly legitimate but that my friends who have been together almost twelve years can't marry, even though they are in a much more committed relationship.

No comments: