Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I got home about 10:30 tonight

It's almost 2 am. I've been going through stories in my news reader--there were over 500. Plus I went through some of my e-mail, too. I should have done my laundry during that, but instead I'm going to try to get up at 7 am to do it. Thankfully, I've been rather perky today and so I haven't been sleepy yet. I got a lot of rest last night. I'd taken a friend and his husband out for his birthday at Masala and had vegetable pakora, pishwari naan, and vegetable korma that was hot (but not 'Indian hot'). It was quite possibly the best food I have ever eaten. I would have had gulab jamun, a dessert, but the korma and piswari naan are already sweet. I got home about 9:30 pm. I went straight to bed and didn't get up until this morning, which is no doubt why I've been so productive today.

Today was interesting, being back to work at the library after taking off Wednesday-Monday. I discovered I was sorely missed as the colour copier went down the second day. It was something I had fixed in fifteen minutes, and everyone was grateful. A couple of other things had come up over my absence as well, and I have to admit, it was nice to be missed. One drawback to being a solo librarian is there isn't really anyone to act as backup for much of what I do.

I found out that I got the grant for inter-library loan funding I'd applied for. Yipee!

then I went to work at the store to find out that the manager I've had since April has been moved to the store down the street and a woman whom I have met before has taken his place. Gee, I wish they'd give us some advanced warning. Also, the grocery has started digging for its own gas station. I don't know what our status will be soon. We own the building, but the grocery store owns the land. I think our lease is up in December. If the store does close, the fact that my former boss is up the road may make it easier for me to transfer there; it's the best place in terms of riding the bus between the two jobs.

What I really hope, though, is that the application I'm working on will go through. It's for a full-time medical reference librarian position. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Day after tomorrow I'm going to Bardstown's public library for a meeting of the Kentucky Medical Library Association. It should be an interesting meeting--we're hashing out criteria for membership.

Next Monday is a holiday, and I'm off at both places. Maybe I'll get around to doing some of the stuff I didn't get around to doing this time, like the housework. But it was really nice to get so much rest and spend a great time with friends watching movies, playing the game, and eating Indian food. All in all it was a great vacation--I just wish I could have taken off from the store as well.

Okay, that's enough blogging for one night. Good night.

No comments: