Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, September 07, 2009

A very productive day

During the early part of the day I:

  1. Excavated the love seat.
  2. Excavated the dining room table.
  3. Filled 6 garbage bags with various detritus that has been plaguing my house.
  4. Cleaned my bathroom thoroughly.
  5. Did a load of dishes, twice (my dishwasher isn't that great, and these really needed it.)
  6. Sorted my laundry.
  7. Organised the videos. The holder isn't especially stable and some had fallen behind it.
  8. Straightened things in general, like putting jewelry back in the jewelry box rather than atop a bookcase.
  9. Dusted the living room.

Then I went and visited friends.

Next to do sometime this week (among other things):

  1. Take out the garbage bags (tonight)
  2. Laundry (tonight)
  3. Another load of dishes (tonight)
  4. Pay rent
  5. Pay bills
  6. Floors
  7. Kitchen
  8. Sort and file important papers
  9. Send in copies of pay stubs to the Department of Education for income contingent student loans
  10. Contact a couple of creditors and make arrangements to pay them
  11. More dusting, straightening
  12. Put some more water in the fish tank
  13. Find places for books I got in a book fair in July
  14. Check on due dates for library books; I think some are due tomorrow or Wednesday
  15. Try to get my flexible spending card reinstated by paying back dental claims that were denied
  16. Tell my mom about the car
  17. Call my ex-boss and check up on her
  18. Call my grandmother and check up on her
  19. Find a place for the return section of the computer desk that's useful and not right behind me
  20. Get rid of a fan, a phone, a VCR, and a printer, hopefully through Freecycle (or wait and put them in our apartment complex' community garage sale
  21. Water the plants at home
  22. Retype my living will
  23. Work on game notes, including back notes and some requests by the game master
  24. Do a cover letter for a clinical reference librarian position
  25. Apply for said clinical reference librarian position

In other words, I'll be pretty busy this week, and that doesn't include work at either job, chores I do before the game, or helping my friend out with his projects. Whew!

No comments: