Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm not feeling so great

I'm not sure why, unless it's hormones. I feel weepy, angry, angsty--a whole range of emotions bubbling under the surface without my knowing why. I got off work and it was like I had to get away from people, I'd just had too much. Needless to say, I called YKWIA and told him I was in a mood and I didn't want to inflict myself on him tonight, to which he agreed. I went home and got under the covers and tuned out the world for awhile, and it seemed to help. It's not so bad, now--but it's still there. Part of it may be anxiety over the car--I'm a ball of anxiety every time I get behind the wheel now, because I expect it to die at any moment. Part of it may be hormones--I'm finishing out my period. Of course, a good portion could be the bipolar disorder rearing its ugly head, although generally it stays quiet. And yes, I did take my medicine. Also, although I get paid and the cheque I got in the mail goes through tomorrow, I didn't really have money today for anything substantial to eat, mostly snacks on my store card.

Still, I started the day off really well despite a blood sugar of 313 or so (yes, that's really high. The other day it was 364, the highest I've ever had. My glucose tends to be fine in the afternoon, but high in the morning. Yesterday it was only 192 but I hadn't eaten after 6:30 pm on Sunday. I usually eat dinner around midnight with my schedule; I'm trying to cut down on sweets and eat a little better.) My sight was a little blurry, but I didn't feel tired and was very productive, including doing interlibrary loans and cataloguing several new books. And most of my time at the store was okay; I just ran out of steam at the end. Fortunately I got out a little early once the truck was put away. I have done something to my hip; I think it's from sitting so much at the library today, then getting up and pulling something. It's really sore, even with ibuprofen, but I'm hoping the pain works out within a day or two. I expect to feel better tomorrow; these moods tend to work themselves out relatively quickly--sometimes within an hour, sometimes a day or two.

No comments: