Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, July 03, 2009

I've only been up for three hours but I've done a lot

I put fluids in my car in the hopes that might ease the lack of power issue (which it didn't). There was enough transmission fluid, although it's kind of dark, and I understand that's not a good sign. I'm doing a little better financially but I really can't afford to rebuild the transmission (again) if that's the issue. I did need to add oil (it's apparently still leaking, so the oil filter might have come loose again). I almost accidentally added some transmission fluid to the oil since the bottles look the same and I was juggling the hood, the funnel, and the bottle. That would not have been good. I also put in some 50-50 coolant as well (in the right receptacle, mind you).

I did a couple of errands, hunting for a few things and got them fairly quickly, but trying to stay fairly frugal. Now I've come home and eaten a little. I have 2 1/2 hours before I go to work. I can read, nap, clean, or write a review for a journal. I'm not sure I'm feeling productive enough for the latter two. Sometimes you just need a day of downtime. Also, the truck tonight is supposed to be *very* big.

I've been very non-compliant the last couple of days with the boot, reasoning that I wasn't standing or walking anywhere for any real length of time. Last night it hurt just a little, but no more than it does when I'm in the boot. But I'll go back to wearing it tonight and certainly if I go to the Fourth of July Festival tomorrow (barring rain, I'm okay to go in the morning, although I'll miss the parade and fireworks due to working--but it's double time).

No comments: