Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Okay, maybe the Universe likes me after all

I forgot that I had a debit coming out this weekend and as a result overdrew my account. Even though I get paid on Wednesday, I figured with the late fees that would take the cheque and I'd have to wait until the 30th to pay bills, get food, etc. That left me with $3 in my pocket, no food in the house, and about $10 on a gift card for the store for gas or snacks.

When I came home tonight, an unexpected windfall was in the mail--$329 to be exact. That should give me enough to get in the positives plus eat, etc., depending on how the pending items stack up (I'm technically only $31 in the hole at the moment, but if the pending items hit tonight, there will be a $36 fee for each item). In any case, I should actually get my direct deposit on Wednesday and not have it eaten up by fees. Thank the Gods for dropping this in my lap. Hurray!

Things are not so good on the car front. It's got even less pick up and is squeaking on acceleration. On the right side it sounds like the metal is squeaking as it bounces, too. It's been a good car, but it's getting to the point where I'm not sure whether it's worth fixing, but I don't know of any way to get another one any time soon. I didn't think I'd be able to fix it; now I may be able to, but I'm not sure whether that's realistic. It sounds like it's dying. :(

No comments: