Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Bad blogger, no cookie!

Listening to: 'I'll Be Waiting' by Lenny Kravitz--who I didn't realise is older than I am; he wears it well--(sorry, can't embed)

I haven't written since Wednesday night, a much longer hiatus than I'd prefer. Mostly I've been sore and exhausted when I came in, so I just didn't feel up to writing. Here's what you missed:

Wednesday I was off from both jobs so I could go to the dentist. I need a crown to fix a broken tooth that had had a root canal; I go in for that on Thursday. Joy! I also did animal wrangling and transport for a small herd. Given that I fell Monday, that and animal wrangling left me a little sore.

Thursday we had an ice storm. It wasn't as bad as the one we had several years ago that shut down the town for a week; however it was a bloody nuisance, glazing everything. I thought it would be bad to drive in, but actually it wasn't. However, I fell twice--once down the three steps from the parking lot to my apartment before working the truck, and once on a walkway at a house afterwards. Fortuantely I did not fall at work, since the paperwork is always a pain any time I've done so at a job. Each time I bounced on my butt, which fortunately has lots of padding but also lots of room for bruising. And at some point I must have hit my elbow. So I'm sore and feel rather like I've been in a minor car accident. It hurts to turn the ignition in my car, and a little when I've sat for any length of time, because I get stiff. Mind you, that was three falls in one week, the first being a trip over a dog onto hardwood--better than concrete, I suppose, but still...I'm really beginning to think it might be time to go to a chiropractor again; I must check and see if my insurance covers it. The funniest thing about the ice? Having a friend have to scoot into his house on his butt to avoid falling, and throwing the mayonnaise we'd bought at the store inside so I wouldn't have to do the same.

Friday:

What did I do Friday? Oh, I had to get up V-E-R-Y early, about 5 am for something. Then I worked at the hospital, did notes, primed some shelves, and did some dishes, then came home early and sat in my comfy recliner with the massage cushion going, then picked a friend up from work, delievered him, and came back to fall right to sleep. I got nine hours' sleep plus a bit of a nap in last night. Woo-hoo!

Saturday:

I worked at the store, but only until 4 pm. I had someone who had been calling maniacally apologise because he misunderstood a situation, which was nice. I had firmly been following company policy and he was freaking, then realised there was no reason to freak, and called back to apologise. Score one for the day. Then I escaped and did a major grocery run with a friend and then notes, and I did some mopping. Now I'm home, and I'm going to go to bed early because I have to be over for game preparation at 7 am tomorrow. But first I may run that massage cushion for about a half hour.

Hope that catches you up. I know my life is fairly boring, so thanks for reading anyway.

No comments: