Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Fruity Cheerios (TM) goodness

I haven't actually whigned about this, despite it being a health matter (yes, I know, I'm a hypochondriac/somatotise all my ills), but I suppose that my foot that was broken is still in the process of healing and it's been giving me some trouble lately. I can walk on it--it's not like I'm limping along--but I'll turn it the wrong way and there will be a sharp pain or it aches after I've been on my feet all day. And one thing about that peanut butter diet--you don't get much calcium.

So, I'm turning up the calcium intake to help it heal some more. I have milk in the house (mainly to be paired with cereal) and I'm trying to eat more green leafy vegetables. Today at work I had tilapia, a baked potato, and broccoli--not bad, especially as it was less than $3, much cheaper than when I get the salad bar.

As far as the Cheerios (TM) goes, I like the Fruity variety because it tastes a lot like Fruit Loops but it's whole grain, being a General Mills product, and it's also sweetened with real fruit juice. I don't know if Fruit Loops is or not.

Funny, but I almost always eat cereal at night. I guess I modelled after my grandfather, who would sit at the table and enjoy a late-night meal of Kellog's Corn Flakes (TM) or Cheerios (TM). It's a little nostalgic, I know, but in a way I made it a tradition in my life, much like he did. Funny the things that trigger those sorts of feelings.

No comments: