Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, February 04, 2008

I was in a Pogues mood

For Bill, who introduced me to them.

'Young Ned of the Hill' by the Pogues



'Turkish Song of the Damned' by the Pogues



(Okay, nevermind that the actual video is from Gangs of New York...I love the music but I couldn't look at Shane MacGowan's teeth for too long. (He's the lead singer.))

'Thousands are Sailing' by the Pogues



Warning: Shane MacGowan's teeth do briefly appear in this one in a really goofy picture.

I don't have perfect teeth, either, but my God, it makes me want to go brush. He was raised in England and Ireland. Do they not have dentists?

The live ones aren't great in sound quality. I may have to take my copy of 'If I Should Fall from Grace with God' to work and listen. :)

Óiche mhaith. (EE-hah WAH) ['Good night.']

No comments: