Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Adventures in the middle of the night

Listening to 'Lost Highway' by Bon Jovi. (Embedding disabled).

This time with a wintry mix of snow, then freezing rain, then sleet. For awhile, as I slowly made my way up the road on slush to pick someone up from UK at midnight, the precipitation was freezing as soon as it hit my windshield and forming ice that I could barely see through. I did a lot of driving by sheer intution.

I think we're supposed to continue this stuff into the morning, then have rain, then get it back tomorrow night, with a 90% chance of precipitation with possible thunder.

In the meantime, I am cooking some Zatarain's red beans and rice (one of the few things I have left in the house, as I'm out of bread for my peanut butter sandwiches and have a hoppin' john mix and some plain pasta and saffron rice, plus my mom's home canned green beans and tomatoes. The cereal and tuna helper require milk, which I don't have (and presumably tuna for the mix)). That's it except for little packages of raisins and some dried chickpeas and rice. I am so going to the grocery on Thursday when I get paid.

So once I eat, I'm going to go to bed and stay warm. Good night and stay safe.

No comments: