Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Hump Day

Today was a bit of sun for the first time in what seemed like ages of cold, wintry rain, but I still feel like curling up into a warm bed with my animals, and that's exactly what I intend to do this afternoon, since I have some free time.

Tomorrow is payday (so is Friday, the great thing about having two jobs), and I am doing okay, although I'm down to about 37 cents (hey, a whole stamp) and low on gas. But, I should be able to get around just enough until tomorrow, so I'm not in my normal pre-payday panic.

One of the things I'll definitely get tomorrow is my ADDerall, which I've been out of since the weekend. I can tell some difference, but I'm still slogging through cataloguing without too much distraction. I'm now almost to 500 books, and I have just one range and special collections left. Woohoo.

I haven't talked about much in depth lately, I know. It's not writer's block, I've just been so busy with work and family.

Oh, I didn't get the job at the archives, which of course just sucks, but hey, I'm getting pretty thick-skinned with rejection letters, and at least as form letters go, it was a nice one. I'll just keep plugging along; after all, statistically, someone has to hire me, right?

I'm starting to get into a holiday mood with Samhain (Halloween), Thanksgiving, and Yule right around the corner. Plus, I have three birthdays to shop for. I'm ready to decorate and actually like the idea of winter coming, just not drizzle like we've had lately.

Well, that's all I have going on right now. Hope you're weather's nicer. :)

No comments: