Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Rabid Reference Question #2

Dear Rabid Librarian:

Awhile ago I heard about a system for moving that used some sort of plastic pod that could be packed and then moved. Can you tell me more?

You Know Who I Am


Dear Y (and indeed, I do, for I know all, I see all--wait, that's you),

Few people know that the Rabid Librarian is quite taken with anything modular, from assorted anime vehicles to domed cities to space exploration systems to her own toothbrush. So, the object of your quest truly warmed the cockles of her heart. The system to which you refer is called PODS: Portable On-Demand Storage. Their website will give you all the information you could want. This is really quite a cool concept and I so wish I could have utilised it in my recent move. I also love anything with a multi-function (I own no less than three multi-tools in addition to two Swiss Army knives), so I pleased me to see that not only can you pack a POD to move, you can also just put it right into storage. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. :)

No comments: