Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Came across this...



I've been doing some Internet searching to learn more about Indian (as in the sub-Continent) culture, partly in response to trying to get a handle on the caste system and the other complexities of Indian life (see earlier posts regarding a recent National Geographic article), and partly because I'm working up a roleplaying character for a game where the natural background would be someone familiar with Kolkata (also known as Calcutta). One thing about these games, you wind up doing a lot of personal research. :)

Anyway, while I was doing my searching, I came across a delightful site: Kamat's Potpurri. I've also added a link to the son's blog on the right menu. Basically, this is the website for a family of scholars who have studies aspectes of Indian culture and history. It's photograph-rich, given the father's interest in photography. The son is the techie of the family, and has laboured to put up the content generated by his parents, particularly his now-late father. In addition, the son is living in the Southern United States, so he has an interesting blend of Indian-Southern experiences. Anyway, I thought I'd link to it, because it really is a pretty neat site (and includes such things as Indian catfish recipes). :)

No comments: