Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Just now getting going, really

Last night I actually slept well. I spoke with a friend until 1 am, got up briefly at four, and then woke to a phone call at 10. I was on the phone until 11:15, and then did some morning stuff to do with my foot care and then did a baby wipe bath and put baby lotion every where I could. The smell of baby lotion is rather comforting, so for a few minutes I stayed in bed and just let it all sink in. Then I got a voicemail (my phone didn't ring) and it was friend from work checking on me, so I called her back and we caught up for a few minutes. Now I've gotten dressed, taken my insulin, and eaten. But it's already 1 pm.

The day is at least sunny, not the rain from yesterday. I hope to finish the game notes today (I spent so much time on the phone Monday and Tuesday and was so tired from lack of sleep that I didn't really get to them.) I am setting 3 pm as the time to work on them. I should be able to finish them by five. That will give me enough time to really wake up and get the news, etc.

No comments: