Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Believe it or not, I didn't nap

Although I did put my feet up for about forty-five minutes and took a break. I did some of my exercises, since that involves taking off the boot and doing some bending of my ankle. Then I came back out from the bedroom and ate something. I've got my blood sugar back to a nice number--it was 104 this evening before dinner. Then I sat down for over two hours and made out most (not all) of the thank-you cards, making sure I personalised each one. I think my eyes are just about crossed, and my handwriting was getting a little wild, so I decided to finish tomorrow. I decided I would go ahead and mail them, and then realised I'm about two stamps short of getting everyone's there. So I may have to get some more somehow. All total it's about 28 cards, and that's just for my co-workers.

I gathered my laundry into my little cart, for ease of movement and put it out of the way. As I walked back into the living area, I decided to turn on the holiday lights that divide the living area from the dining area (in truth, they stay up all year; I just turn them on when I feel like it, and I did tonight). They are very cheery.

I am getting sleepy, but I'm determined to stay up until at least ten, so I have a little over an hour to go. I just hope I can get comfortable and go to sleep when I try.

No comments: