Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Good yet tiring

Today for the first time since my accident I was able to visit YKWIA and A inside their home (I have seen YKWIA a few times while sitting in the car, and he was there when I had surgery, and of course we've talked regularly and at great length on the phone.) A and I have pretty much just talked on the phone. I had decided that now that I can walk to some extent I should be able to do my laundry there, as it is all on one level once you get up a couple of front stairs. Brandon took me over, carrying in the laundry cart for me and my overstuffed backpack that was too heavy for me to carry on my back without tilting over. :)

I got to share holiday presents. The laundry went pretty well except for standing long enough to fold the clothes. That was longer than normal and my back was hurting due to the discrepancy in leg height with the boot on, even with my normal shoe on the other foot. But I took it easy and slow. The dogs and cats were very gentle with me, and it was nice to see everyone. My foot and back are hurting a bit, although I took some Tylenol, the first time in a few days. I have a headache as well. That may be the change in weather (it's supposed to be cold and snowy tonight and tomorrow) plus, as much as I love them, Brandon's kids were very lively and have very high-pitched voices. :)

So now I'm in my peaceful house. I've eaten, including some wonderful salad YKWIA sent with me. I didn't get a chance to eat dinner there, as he was still making food, but I did peel potatoes and break up the lettuce up for the salad. The wind outside is very strong; I can hear it through the windows, although fortunately they are not drafty. We saw some nice Christmas lights on the way home; the kids loved that.

Tomorrow I have physical therapy and some visitors should be coming by. I am very tempted to go ahead and turn in, although it's only a little after 8:30. I think I might retire to the bedroom and read for awhile, and stretch out and elevate my leg. I'll put the clothes away tomorrow.

No comments: