Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, December 07, 2012

Not much of an appetite today

I've had three pieces of string cheese, a banana, a piece of pita, and a little hummus. That's a lot of fat, I guess, but the nice thing is my blood sugar was only 104 just now. I am curious as to what my next hA1c will be, as my blood sugar has been largely normal since I've been off. I should get salad and other vegetables next time I go to the store. I had Brandon get some bananas and wet wipes earlier. I didn't think of the salad then. Oh, well, I can wait.

I have had a couple people tell me I've lost weight but don't have a scale and haven't been weighed since the week after the accident. At that time I'd lost six pounds in a week. I didn't eat much for awhile because I was on pain medicine. Now my appetite has largely returned to normal, so I may have gained some back. I wish I knew for sure. I don't recommend getting hit by a car as a weight-loss strategy, though. :)

No comments: