Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, December 02, 2012

I am burning up

I don't know what the temperature in here is. It's 61 outside, and I have the heat and air off, but unless I have a fan directly on me I am just plain hot. I don't know if this is a hot flash (I am 45, so I may be starting them) or not,  but it is very annoying. The little fan at the computer helps. The big one in the bedroom is better. I've been in close proximity to one or the other all day.

I am 75% finished with the game notes, having returned to working on them after being chastised by the game master for procrastinating. I have just two more hours of game time to write up.

I would have been further along, but I've spent most of the day dealing with a touchy toilet that had overrun not once but twice. Plunging and putting towels down and taking them back up and mopping take time and lots of care and energy when you're using a walker with just one leg. I think I have it cleared. I'll call maintenance tomorrow if there are any issues remaining. Of course, I thought I had it cleared earlier and didn't. I swear I am not putting gobs of paper down. Last time there were two pieces. When it overran the second time I went out in to the hall, sat in the wheelchair, and very nearly broke down. But I got up and dealt with it.

So I can't say it's been a particularly great day. Tomorrow I have several phone calls to make. Here's hoping that it goes better.

No comments: