Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, December 01, 2012

I've been organising things on my tablet

Putting icons into folders, etc., and came across a widget I have that counts down the days until an event. So some might put it for Christmas or for December 21st, the supposed Mayan apocalypse date, but since that's hooey, I did something much more important. I don't have a return to work date, or even a firm on my feet date, but the next doctor's appointment I should have that information. So, it's twelve days until then. I am so looking forward to being on both feet, even if it's slow at first, and almost as importantly, being able to bathe. Today marks the 50th day since the accident. (No, I didn't use an application for that, I just counted.)

I'm up in the middle of the night but it's not really insomnia. I got about four hours of sleep and felt like getting up for awhile. I really need to start getting into a routine that closely approximates work, but hey, it's not a work night anyway.

It's hard to believe it's already December. Don't forget, it's World AIDS day as well. I guess I should change my calendars in the morning.

Still, I suppose I should try to get some more sleep in the meantime. Hope you have a good weekend.

No comments: